If you haven't joined us on Land Surveyors United, you don't know what you are missing!
our jobs board, try this! Easily find the most recent land surveying related jobs and available employment anywhere in USA on Craigslist with one click! Just choose your location, click and you will be instantly taken to all available Surveying Jobs posted in that area on Craigslist.
http://landsurveyorsunited.com and fill your profile out as if it were a living resume
2) When accepted, Go to http://landsurveyorsunited.com/groups and search for your local state or country and join the group forum for your area. Start a new discussion and introduce yourself to the group and tell them what you are trying to accomplish in your job hunt.
3) Go to the same url above and search for topical group forums such as Topographic Surveying, Cadastral, Government Surveyors, etc. and make some friends and associates.
///by this time you may already have some leads..over 100 surveyors found work just last year through the site///
5) Customize your profile to highlight your accomplishments and license info
6) Import your contacts from an email address which has surveyor friends in it and you may already know people on the network.
7) Import photos and videos of surveying and tell a story to the network..
Let your 'surveying voice be heard' and network your way into a job. It will be fun and effortless if you do a little bit every day. I guarantee that with a little bit of networking, you'll get that job!
If you are having trouble locating employment related to land surveying, here are a few resources and links that may help you out tremendously!
Follow Surveying Jobs page on Facebook
job board for land surveyors on Land Surveyors United at http://job.... But what you may not know is that I am preparing to expand this job board from dealing only with job postings in the US to surveying and geomatics jobs internationally. What I would like to know from all of you is how hard it is to find a job in your area. Please comment on this discussion by first indicating your location (City,State,Country) then tell us a little bit about your job search, how long it is or has taken to find a job and what sort of conditions job hunters are dealing with in your neck of the woods.